Sunday, January 14, 2007
Week 2
So as my week wound to a close, and I had no idea or any real desire to cook, but I didn't want to break my new year's resolution so close to the beginning of the year (which would be shameful, indeed). So I looked through my Cooks Illustrated magazine from a few years ago (and which I haven't cooked much from, but have drooled over recipes).

So I chose a spinach lasagna, which uses no-boil noodles. Easy enough. Yes, it was easy...

But...to grate 8 ounces of fontina cheese? Not to mention about a cup and half of parmesan? UUUGH. Then I had to rinse, and stem 20 ounces of spinach leaves, mince a cup of shallots (enduring those awful stinging tears), and garlic. Add blending cottage cheese with egg. Oy vey. After I cooked my lasagna, I had to laugh at the fact that it takes about half an hour to cook the dish, but like an hour to prep everything. WHAT A PAIN IN THE NECK.

But. I digress.

It was yummy. Even my mom, who hates cheese, loved it.

So maybe it was worth it. Though thinking back, I should have taken pictures of the entire messy, arm-sore enducing process of grating cheese.
posted by Me @ 7:12 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Me
Home: Ohio
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template By
Free Blogger templates