Monday, March 05, 2007
Week 4: White Chicken Chili
I wanted something good and hearty. Yummy. And i was in the mood for chicken, and have never tried chicken chili, but having had some lousy experiences with traditional chili, I opted for white chili, which I actually love.

So I chose a recipe from Cook's Illustrated, and it sounded pretty good, and necessitated my buying three kinds of chilies. I know what jalapenos look like, but the other (Anaheim and Poblano) were a mystery. I forgot to take pictures of the uncut chilies.


But anyway, i wound up with like, banana peppers and realized that I got the wrong peppers (not a problem; my dad ate the banana peppers). But I went to two different Giant Eagles and two Acmes to get my peppers!

Now I know what poblano peppers look like. The chili required 9 chilies, which made me a little worried, because I'm not sure of chilies. But it turned out to be quite flavorful rather than fire alarm spicy.




Previous white chilies that I have tried usually are creamy (I'm guessing thickened with masa), so I was kind of surprised this was more like a stew, a little soupy but very yummy. So rich and very simple. I have nothing bad to say about this, except that I had to run to 4 different grocery stores to get my poblanos and anaheims.



posted by Me @ 7:51 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Me
Home: Ohio
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template By
Free Blogger templates